Ynys Hut has lots of rustic charm, with a homely open-plan interior complete with full-sized double bed and a kitchenette. There is also a wood burner for those chillier nights.
Outside there is a shower room, toilet, kitchen area and patio which includes a table, chairs and BBQ firepit.
The hut is accessed through a Secret Garden, which provides complete privacy for your stay.
The Hut includes:
- 1 full-sized double bed.
- All bed linen (excluding towels).
- Under-bed storage (for your bags and suitcases).
- Kitchenette with sink, kettle and toaster.
- Tea, coffee and sugar sachets.
- Plates, mugs, wine glasses and cutlery for 2 people.
- Breakfast bar.
- 2 chairs.
- Wood burner (a generous amount of wood will be provided for your stay).
- Board games.
- Dimmable lights.
- Plug sockets with USB.
- Stable door.
- Secret Garden with patio area for dining, sunbathing and chilling out.
- BBQ firepit.
- Outside kitchen/bar with mini fridge.
- Mini electric hob.
- Saucepan and utensils.
- Outside wash room with electric shower, wash basin and flushing WC.
- We also provide basic essentials such as loo paper, hand soap, paper hand towels and sanitiser.
- Parking for one car at a designated car space.
- There is no WiFi and very limited network coverage at Ynys Hut, so you will have the perfect excuse to unplug and switch off.
- Ynys Hut was hand-built by your host, Joe.
Other things to note:
- There are steps up into the hut.
- Guests will need to bring their own bath towels.
- There is no WiFi and very limited network coverage.
- A TV is provided but can only be used to watched DVDs. We provide a few movies but guests may want to bring some of their own.
- There is enough room in the Secret Garden for a small tent to be pitched up. This would allow for an extra 2 guests. This must be agreed prior to booking, so please get in touch for details.
A real rural retreat
Orcop is a village in the county of Herefordshire, England.
The local pub is just half a mile away from Ynys Hut called The Fountain Inn. Here you can treat yourself to an ice-cold beer and some pub grub after a long day of adventuring. Please check with them directly for current opening times – 01981 540304.
Next to The Fountain Inn you will find Orcop’s very own library in the form of an old red phone box. It is now full of books for people to share. Here you will also find the local bus stop.
There are lots of people in the village who sell fresh eggs, but our favourite supplier is Burhope Farm, which is 2 miles away. You’ll very often get eggs with double yolks, a real treat!
The closest shop to Ynys Hut is the Carrot & Wine Store, which is just over 2 miles away in a neighbouring village called Wormelow.
The Hut – Glamping Accommodation in Herefordshire – Ynys Hut.
The Hut is tucked away in a village called Orcop. A unique and romantic holiday getaway for couples. Self-catering short breaks and weekend stays available.